March is National Nutrition Month and we believe a healthy lifestyle is beneficial to all our diabetic consumers. This veggie dip is a great snack that you can whip up in no time. Serve with your favorite veggies or whole wheat crackers!
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 6 radishes, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- vegetable salt substitute, to taste
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash cottage cheese to break up curds.
- Blend in yogurt and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving with raw vegetables or fat-free chips (or our baked pita chips).
|Per 1/4 cup (59 ml) serving:||37 calories (9% calories from fat), 5 g protein, trace total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 2 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1/2 very lean meat, 1 vegetable|
To find more healthy recipes and to see the original post for this Veggie Dip recipe, visit www.diabeticlifestyle.com